Saturday, May 06, 2006

Happy Anniversary Darling

Well, yesterday was our 5th anniversary. I can hardly believe that it's been 5 years since we stood in front of family and friends to tell them how much we loved each other and promised to love and care for each other for always. The years have passed so quickly with my love for you deepening into something so strong and mature.

Last night we went out to dinner to an Italian place that was awesome. I had the Chicken Rigges while Cheryl had the Seafood Manicotti. We started dinner off with a tomato mozzarella salad with a balsamic vinegar dressing. The bread they served was warm with a herb crust that was just divine. Our salads came with fresh crispy vegetables mixed in with the greens. After dinner we each had coffee and shared a delectable Creme Brulee. We left the restaurant and decided to kill some time at Borders...we browsed and I saw the book Evil Twin that Sawyer was reading on LOST the other night. Since I have become a total LOST junkie and am spending way too much time playing the Alternate Reality game I browsed through it and decided to get it out of the library. More to come in another post about the LOST show/game.

So, we wanted to go out dancing, but a quick tour of all the gay bars that we used to go to were no more...none of them! The one bar that is still open is to riske for us, so we decided to go to the grocery store and rent a video. Of course it was closed when we got there, so we got some ice cream and headed home. We turned on the TV and Hotel Rwandwa was just starting so we settled in to watch that.

Gillian was gone baby sitting all night (our neighbors are doctors) and Katie was at Grandma Schmidt. It was a nice romantic evening....even if it was a little late. We slept in till 9 and then went and got the Katster. Gillian came in quietly at 8:15am or so.

So, I just want to shout out to the world...I LOVE YOU CHERYL...NOW AND FOREVER! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY DARLING!

5 comments:

Reesh said...

Happy Anniversary!!

I too am a LOST junkie and I just can't believe how last week's episode ended!!

Thanks for visiting my site!

Cheers,
Reesh

Laura said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I'm a Lost junkie too. It's the only show I've been following this season. I couldn't believe last week's ending, but I can't wait to see how this plays out.

Sonya said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Another Lost junkie here.

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you and happy anniversary! Life just gets better after 5 years: I'm also a SAHM, 48 years old. Wife to my partner of 26 years. We are parents to 17-year old twins and near future parents of a 7-year old boy. My partner is currently oversees adopting him. I wish you all the best in the future.

Gandksmom said...

Thank you all for your kind thoughts! Of course no anniversary celebration wouldn't be complete without a major blowout (read arguement) the next day! Not sure that I will blog about it though...those of you who know me, already know about it! And welcome Anon! Tell me your name sometime OK>