Monday, August 14, 2006

I thought I was a SAHM?

So, why don't I ever stay home? This morning found us running out to the library. Katie got some books and I returned some. I told Katie to get a couple of million books, because we were going to get Grandma (her great grandma) and take her to a MD appt. So, after the library, we go and get Grandma (who lives with my Uncle (this would be the SOB one) and take her to the MD. Did I mention that they live on the opposite side of the county from me? We head into the city, head the the MD's office, which happens to be in the hospital physician's office bldg, and arrive just in time for her appt. I brought Gillian and the aforementioned books so that she could entertain Katie in the waiting room while I went in with Grandma, because Aunt Nancy (the SOB's wife) asked me to ask the MD some questions about my Grandfather. Anyway, Grandma gets called and Katie doesn't want to stay in the waiting room, so in she trots with me. I introduce myself to the MD and boy is he a nice, patient MD. First thing he asks is about Grandpa. BTW - Grandpa ate 4 teaspoons of applesause so here's a big raspberry to the nurse who told us he'd never eat again!!!

Anyway, back to my story. Grandma is all upset because her ankle's are still swollen and the medication he gave her last time isn't working. He suggests stockings and she goes off half cocked. I get her calmed down and we get it figured out that she got mixed up and was still taking one of the meds that she was supposed to stop. Anyway....hopefully that is all straigtened out. I wrote down everything he told her (and me) and got her next few appt's scheduled and got out of there. On the way back to taking her home, I stop at my lawyer (who is handeling the ssd stuff) and give her the affidavit from my MD we need for the appeal (that will take 2 more years to happen I am sure). I take Grams home and visit with my Grandfather and then take the girls to the playground near their home. I am starving. Luckily I packed them lunch, but not me. All I want to do is come home. I finally convince them that if we don't leave right now I will surely expire! So, I am home. I left the house at 9:45am and got back at 3PM!!!!. Everyone tells me that I am a SAHM, but I sure don't stay home do I?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is funny. I wish I could leave the house though, even once in awhile would be good.

Anonymous said...

SAHM, Emmm yea, it sounds like me... I always have somewhere to go, something to do, someone to meet, and somehow I get lost to where I end up staying out all day! SAHM is not an easy job.

Estelle said...

Pfft. Being a stay at home mom is a cop out because you're too lazy to get a real job.*
Glad grandpa ate!

*Surely you realize I am being an asshole, and totally not serious.

Judy said...

Are you kidding? When you're a SAHM, you're never home, because people volunteer you for things since "you're not doing anything during the day." Sheesh!

Sonya said...

Sounds like a normal SAHM day to me!

Kerry said...

I can empathize! The kids and Wendy went back to school this week and I still haven't had one day home yet just to do things! I go back next week so I am trying to have one peaceful day at home and it jut not happening.

Dharma said...

What Judy said!