Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!

I can't believe another year has flown by. This has been a very tough year physically for me. I spend most days in bed and read and sleep a lot. I have been saving for a Mac Pro, but think it might go towards a IPad. I can use that in bed. I mostly just read e-mail and do FaceBook. Of course every year I say that I am going to write a book, but I am not saying that this year.

This year, I am very excited and looking forward to having my Spinal Cord Stimulator implanted. I did the trial with excellent results. I mean, I won't be able to do much more than I am, but I won't have so much pain and might be able to get out of bed a little more often than I do now. I am not looking forward to the surgery. They always mess up my pain medication and make me go into withdrawl. So, I am looking forward to a nice short time in the hospital! Our hospital's don't have a very good repuation for nurses getting to you when you need them too. I mean, I know when it's an hour away from meds, too call them and ask them for it. It's ridiculous!

But I don't want to focus on the negative, but the postive. Once I have the Stimulator implanted, I will have some relief and begin to titrate off some of the pain meds that I am on. I am really looking forward to this.

So, it's going to be a good year everyone. I have a wonderful wife, 2 beautiful daughters. 1 in college and doing awesome and one in second grade and also doing awesome. They are beautiful and make me proud! Despite some hard times at work, Cheryl is chugging along. She makes me proud to call her my wife!

Later,
Wendy

No comments: