Saturday, September 15, 2007

Before....



Here is the material I picked out to make Katie's skirt. It's going to be 3 tiers and then I am going to take the black w/orange polka dot fabric (middle tier) and make a ruffle out of that for the bottom. I think it's going to look cute. I should be able to find a cute black Old Navy Tee to put with it (In fact I might have one floating around somewhere with an orange pumpkin on it). If not, I will see if they have one at Old Navy. Worse comes to worse I can put a plain white shirt with it. I don't really want to go out and buy the shirt at Old Navy just in case I don't get the skirt done right! Anyway, this is the material and I start on Monday hopefully. MIL's sewing machine is coming tomorrow and she is going to show me how to thread it and then give me lots of remnants to practice making seams on. Who knows, maybe it will turn out to be a quilt someday? So, try to imagine these fabrics in 3 tiers as a skirt!

3 comments:

Judy said...

Good on you for being so ambitious! Maybe you could make me something halloweenish - it's my favorite holiday!

Anonymous said...

That will be so cute! Is it going to be a twirl skirt? My DSD is going to make one for Cadence one day..lol. She took a clothing and textiles class.

Anonymous said...

I'm envious! My girls would love a twirl skirt lol. Great job!!! Good for you, i knew you could do it!