Here ya go....now you try it!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg Nog
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? This is an interesting question for us. When Cheryl was growing up, they were unwrapped, when I was growing up, they were wrapped. SO, we keep going back and forth about what to do. I always wrapped Gillian's presents, but since we met when Gillian was 7 she didn't have a say in it. Now that we have Katie and Gillian doesn't believe in Santa, we have another decision to make!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope....
5. When do you put your decorations up? If it were up to me they would go up the day before Christmas and down the day after (scrooge). Cheryl likes to start a week after Thanksgiving and take down a week after New Years.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? My mother's stuffing. We make it with potatoes.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: All of us sitting around my Grandparents table eating Christmas dinner.
8. When did you stop believeing in santa? I think someone blew it for me early on, but in our house we had NO money and I think I thought if I stopped believing in Santa then I wouldn't have ANY presents so I "believed" in him for a long time!
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? I want to do this. And have it be pj's that we would all wear on Christmas morning (I love those Hanna Anderson ones) but Cheryl say's no.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? We put it up and then we all take turns hanging decorations on it. I usually take pictures while we are doing it.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Living in Upstate NY where we get easily over 150" a year and usually over a foot at a time, I HATE IT!
12. Can you ice skate? Not since I had my ankle reconstruction surgery :)
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Getting contacts when I was in 10th grade
14. What's the most exciting thing about the Holidays for you? Watching my kids and all the wonder that is Christmas. I love that Katie believes in Santa and the magical wonder of her thinking he is coming on Christmas Eve. Since we have started back to church and I have reaffirmed my relationship with God, I love celebrating Jesus's birthday, recreating the story of his birth and the magical mystical wonder of that night.
15. Whats your favorite holiday desert? Pumpkin Pie
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Leaving cookies cookies for santa and some reindeer food. Reading The Night Before Christmas before the kids go to bed and the kids getting up early to open presents.
17. What tops your tree? Father Christmas
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? O Holy Night
20. Do you like Candy Canes? Not really!