Saturday, November 10, 2007

THE Birthday party!

What can I say? Cheryl threw me a birthday party to end all birthday parties today! All in all, we had about 65 people cycle through our house during the 4 hour time frame she asked people to come. She went all out with food and decorations including a cake (I need to download the pics)with pictures of me as a small child/baby.

I have never felt so much love. My grandparents were here. You might remember that the year before last my Grandfather came very close to dying. My mother is in end stage lung disease and was just discharged from short term nursing home rehab. She was here today. My friend of 20 years, who is recovering from a major stroke, came today. My friend from 6th grade (yes, you read that right) was here today! Folks that were near and dear to me that could come, did. And it felt so good to be with everyone.

The past 2 years have been so hard both physically and emotionally on me. I felt today as though all that washed away, leaving a clean slate for the future to begin. I felt so loved today, so cared about, but most of all, I was felt HAPPY today in a way that I haven't in a long, long time.

Thank you Cheryl for all the effort and energy you put into making my 40th birthday one that I will never forget. Thank you for loving me so much and for coming into my life and sharing it with me. I look forward to 40 more birthdays walking by your side!

So, if you were here today, and are reading this, Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You made my 40th birthday so very special.
Wendy

7 comments:

Judy said...

It is I who feel honored and blessed and priviledged to have had you as a part of my life for the past 30 years. Being with you today has reminded me of how gifted I am to be in the circle called your friends.

Casey said...

Happy 40th Birthday!! May the next 40 years be everything you dream and hope.

Anonymous said...

Many Happy Returns!

art-sweet said...

happy birthday! so sorry we missed it!

Holly said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

mdmhvonpa said...

Wow ... 40. I'm zooming in on that benchmark age too. Tell me, is it all that is is made out to be? ;D

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday - and may you have many more!