Sunday, February 07, 2010

Hard winter!

Thank you Tracy for reminding me of my resolution. It has been such a hard winter and this was one of those things that have kind of gone by the wayside. And I have so much to write about. So, let me take them one by one!

* Gillian just got an awesome report card. Made high honor role and even got 2 100%'s! I couldn't be more proud. All of the comments on her card speak to how hard she works and what a pleasure she is to have in class. We are still waiting to hear back from college's and it's a pin's and needles kind of wait. I don't think it will be an issue for her to get in, but until she gets in.....we just wait. I can't imagine in my mind what it's going to be like with her gone to college. Sometimes I just don't think about it at all!

*Katie also got an excellent report card. She is above average on all her levels from reading to math and is also a hard worker. She, like her sister puts a lot of pressure on herself and we are working on the fact that it's OK to not be perfect. It's a hard lesson to be sure. She is going to be 7 in a few weeks and I have to just pinch myself to know that I am not living in a dream! 2 great kids. Who could be luckier!

* Cheryl stays busy taking care of everyone! She is working full time and teaching Sunday school. We are having a lot of fun in our relationship and it feels so good. That isn't to say that we don't have our moments, but parenting Katie feels a lot easier now that we've been through it once! We recently went to see Wicked! and it was great. It's nice to get out of the house now and again. So much of my time is spent in bed and in pain that to get out and enjoy time with my wife is nice. She is my rock for sure!

* Well, I am hanging in there. Some days are good and other's are bad. I am seriously considering Seminary again, something that I have come close to doing but something always stops me. Last time, Gillian got sick. Next year she is going to college and if I do the program in Rochester, it means I will be gone 1 night a week. And Katie has an issue if I am gone. I guess she would get used to it. I wonder if I can do the work. Today someone at church talked about being a hospital chaplain and I thought, "AHA!" "That is something that I can do!". It's a direction for sure.

So, life continues. We are heading for FL next week when the kids are out of school. Should be an interesting trip. Likely our last one as a family! All these lasts......

But lots of firsts too.....

Wendy

1 comment:

felicia said...

I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!