Monday, January 26, 2009

Gillian's surgery

#2 for those of you keeping track. Life has been unbelievably busy around here and this morning we leave for the hospital in about 2 hours for Gillian to be admitted for her 2nd surgery. This is the surgery where they will create the J Pouch and then give her a loop ileostomy. The loop is somewhat different than what she has now as right now her ostomy is from the end of her small instesting and they are going to move that down and connect it to her rectum, creating a J Pouch. Then they will pull up a loop of her small intestine and that will be her new ostomy for about 6-8 weeks while the J Pouch heals and begins to learn it's function as a colon. In a bout 6 weeks they will scope her and if the JPouch looks healed they will go ahead and shoot dye up through there letting it spill into her bag to make sure the passage is clear. If it is, then they will close of the ostomy and she will be free to go to the bathroom normally. Well, what will become normal to her. 12-15 loose stools a day. They won' hurt and they will get better as the J Pouch learns what it's supposed to do.

So, I have been trying to read, keep up with MD appt's, and quilt. I am just trying to find things to do for myself. They still don't know why I am so swollen and when my regular MD comes back from maternity leave, hopefully they will run the "right" tests to show what is going on.

Katie is doing great in Kindy! She really loves it. Her teacher is wonderful and nurturing which is totally what Katie needs right now with her house ready to move in upheaval land again. This time Gillian should only be in the hospital 3-5 days rather than the 20 something she was in last time. This takes such a toll on Katie as she loves her sister and just wants her to be OK.

Now on a completely different note, how about that inauguration eh? Wasn't that something? I love Obama almost as much as I did Clinton. And not a more glorious site was to be seen when Bush got on his flight out of DC. Good bye and good riddance I say! I love Michelle Obama, her poise and grace are just what the white house needs right now. I have a feeling that we will hear more from her than we did Laura. I think that she will be visable as Hillary was. And what about her being made Secretary of State. Now that is just plain cool I say!

And TV! Anyone here watch LOST? I only watched the first hour, so don't give it away OK? And last night I watched A Very Duggar Wedding which led to some interesting conversations between Cheryl and I. I loved when Jim Bob took Josh off for his "man to man" talk and talked about cherishing women. Then they had to blow it al when during the ceremony they focused on him being her authority. GAG! And we are still die hard Jon and Kate + 8 fans. Can't wait for tonight for them to show where they moved.

So here is a high five to a new administration where hopefully we pull out Iraq and shut down Guantanamo Bay and finally start to lift this country our of the deficit that we are in! I am so hopeful!

1 comment:

Judy said...

high 5 back on that inauguration. I watched it with my students. All the staff came in to watch - school secretaries, custodians, cafeteria workers and teachers. It was so monumental! I am in awe of that man! I finally feel like we can breathe a little bit more. And yes, Michelle is elegant and classy!