Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Summer is winding down....

Well, like most of you, I have been unbelievably busy this summer. I wish I could say that I have spent the summer resting and getting ready for the school year. Well, that part is right. Gillian will be 18 tomorrow and going off to UMass Amherst in the Fall. We leave on the 4th of September and drop her off on the 5th. Katie then starts on the 8th. I am (hopefully) done dealing with the loan and it will hopefully get to the school before her bill is due so that they don't cut her housing off. It's been keeping me up at night and generally making me miserable. Yeah, me! I have basically done everything to keep the balls up in the air so that this child gets into college. It's going to be a hard break for both of us, I can tell you that for sure. 18 years ago today I was admitted into the hospital to be inducted. 27 hours later Gillian was born. In a short month she will be leaving my fold. How sentimental is that?
Gillian texted me last night and told me that she was getting a tatoo this week. :::::sigh:::::: She wants to get one that says "No colon, still rollin" which is what she has on a shirt. I realized for the first time that I can't say NO! Weird.

Katie is no longer interested in wearing clothes that I spend a lot of money on. I should be putting things up on e-bay right now and I just haven't had the time to do it. I am going to miss my time frame if I don't hurry up!

So, off I am to post to e-bay......my ebay ID is gandksmom1967 Mostly will be selling 7/8's!

Wendy

No comments: