Sunday, December 23, 2007

The year 2007 in review!

Well, the year 2007 has been a long one. I will try and recap for all of you who love to know how we are doing.

Cheryl - Continues to work her butt off at Upstate to put a roof over our heads, food on the table and keep us all in clothes. She has been there over 10 years now and recently did a project that got national attention at the Cytotech Conference in Texas! I am so proud of my sweetie! She continues to teach at the medical school and contines to be the best partner and parent that I could ever imagine. Thank you sweetheart for taking such good care of our family!

Gillian - Is 15 and has been working hard in school and her grades have reflected this. She is in the 10th grade and makes high honor every semester and is on track to graduate with her class in 2010. Some of you know that she has struggled with learning disabilities and at first we thought it might take her an extra year. She is one smart girl and has moved herself right along. She continues to be pretty proficient in sign language and will be taking classes in the new year to become a certified sign language interpreter. She is taking a break from Karate right now to focus on school extra curricular activities, like trying out for the spring musical! We can't wait! Gillian has lots of good friends and they all get together to work on various causes. She is the head of her GSA and works really hard on keeping that group active!

Katie - will be 5 in 2008! Where oh where has my baby gone? Katie is in the 4 year old program in our school districts pre-K and get's to take the bus everyday to school. She loves taking the bus and loves going to school. She has already mastered simple addition and has begun reading already. She can read some simple books and has recently discovered the American Girls series! She is my girly girl all the way through. She has decided to be an Art teacher when she grows up and practices by doing Arts and Crafts everyday. She loves to draw, paint, color, etc. She has been doing ballet and had her first recital in June. I have to admit that I cried seeing her up on stage! She continues with ballet and recently started Cheerleading too! Her first game will be in January.

Wendy - Well, I had back surgery (laminectomy and spinal fusion on 2 levels) in hopes to solve my severe back pain. Unfortunately, things haven't gone as planned and I continue to have lots of pain. I had to give up the part time job that I was working because I haven't been able to sit more than 2 or 3 minutes at a time. I have been selling on e-bay and making some money doing that as well as learning to sew. It's a talent that I never knew that I had. So far I have been making quilts and clothes for Katie. My plan for 2008 is to continue to make custom outfits not just for the girls but to sell. I will continue to quilt also. I go into Katie's class on Friday's to help out when I can. I have been volunteering at church and am grateful to my church family for the love and acceptance they have showered on our family. I belong to several women's groups there and continue to learn about God's love through book groups and other groups the church offers. I hope to learn more about sewing this year and really get some cute outfits and quilts out for folks to see! As you can tell, I am quite excited about this!

I hope that all of you who read me have a wonderful New Year. I do believe that 2008will be a great one!

Wendy

1 comment:

Judy said...

Merriest of Christmases and Happiest of New Years to the best friend I could ever ask for!